• I laughed a lot. I can’t quite remember at what because my brain retains sad memories for longer than happy ones; please God let that change this year! But I am sure there was some laughter.
• I was shocked at how quickly human relationships can break. They take a lifetime to build and collapse in a matter of seconds. I had to hold my own hand and walk myself out of the arms of people I once called home. And it hurt – still does.
• I made some good friends on here. Friendships are hard for me. I am not an easy person to be friends with; I moan a lot and I never wanna do anything besides eating and talking. But anyway, if we banter and I throw voice notes at you first thing in the morning; you da man, thanks for putting up with me and I love you. You are truly blessed to start the day with my voice. Or you know, maybe God is punishing you for something you did in the past which frankly is your beef not mine. Take it up with God.
• I struggled with getting closure and learnt that when you check an email account that you never use and discover an unread message from 2017 that you open for the first time in 2019; sometimes it’s best to just forget it was written. Even though all you want to do is message the person back and say; I didn’t ignore you two years ago, I just never got the message; it’s sometimes best to let sleeping dogs lie as the saying goes. And for the rest of you, let this be a lesson; the best place to reach me is not my gmail account, I never use it! Give me strength!!! Close your eyes Tam and breathe!! 🤦🏽♀️
• I ate and ate and ate. A lot. It was bad. But it was also so bloody good. Alhamdulilah. I’m a big girl and that just means there’s more of me to love innit. It is what it is and what it is is french toast lads.
•In the name of kindness, I wrote letters to strangers and left them little treats because life can suck ass sometimes and everyone needs a little pick me up now and then. Though please understand the treat bit varies on what my bank account is saying and its not always monetary because I am not Oprah Winfrey.
• I rescued these babies and their mum off of the streets;
… and 15 weeks later they were adopted into loving homes!! If you notice the markings on the little white kitten’s head you will see that it’s this little guy;
p.s. that is not my house, in case anyone was feeling stalky today.
• I read quotes that resonated with me, hard.
• Emotional, I showed them to my mum but the sentiment didn’t land and she said the protaganist who said them was a gobby cow who was blasphemous to be beefin’ God 🤦🏽♀️
• I went to some
read: exactly ONE incredible shows; The Mousetrap! Eeks!
• God got me through some crappy times this year though I did not always deserve his mercy. Alhamdulilah. I also believe he put this Queen in my life for company and to get me through some tough ass times herself. And she does coz she’s my absolute day one…
Happy New Year ya’ll. It’s been real x