1. What’s your philosophy in life? Be kind, live and let live and be happy for others for the love of God. Also, don’t judge people for swearing.
2. What’s the one thing you would like to change about yourself? I’d like to stop worrying.
3. Are you religious or spiritual? One tries.
4. What’s the worst thing someone could buy you as a gift? Clothes, make up, jewellery. The 1st I am very specific about. The latters I don’t use. I’m more about practical gifts for sure.
5. Best gift you ever got? Books, yellow m & m’s my camera and someone got me lip balm the other day I was over the moon.
6. Your relationship with one of your siblings, go. I mean, one second we’re pulling each other’s hair, the next we’re filming ourselves reacting to opening our mail like we are Zoella.
7. What was the worst phase in your life? Probably 17 – 21.
8. Is what you’re doing now what you always wanted to do growing up? No, not really.
9. What makes you feel accomplished? Completing a project from start to finish. Like when I made a family tree for my Grandmother on Mother’s Day.
10. What’s your favorite book/movie of all time and why did it speak to you so much? How do people answer this? I can’t have one favourite. This changes with time. I am yet to read something as effective as Don’t be Sad. Nineteen minutes was amazing. Can You Keep a Secret? was hilarious. P.S. I Love You will always be special. Dhobi Ghat spoke to me when it came out but now I can’t get Dear Zindagi out of my head. That film was basically my biography.
11. What is a relationship deal breaker for you? Betrayal. Lies. Breaking of trust.
12. Are you more into looks or brains? I like looks, I’m human. The thing about getting older though is that you truly value brains, compatability, humour, kindness a lot more than looks. Honestly, young people, I tell you the truth.
13. Would you ever take back someone who cheated? Sod that.
14. How do you feel about sharing your password with your partner? Right now? Erm, not very good. Just as well I’m single *nervous laughter*
15. When do you think a person is ready for marriage? When their Ammi says they are. Jokes. Erm, I think for guys definitely 25 onwards. Girls can get married whenever really. We is bare mature at all ages.
16. What kind of parent do you think you will be? A shitty one.
17. What would you do if your parents didn’t like your partner? I mean. I’d keep them apart to maintain the peace. But knowing my luck my parents would like him more than they like me. Smh.
18. Who is that one person you can talk to about just anything? They’re reading this right now probably thinking, Tam just admit it’s me. And now they’re probably smiling to themselves like an idiot.
19. Do you usually stay friends with your exes? I mean this question isn’t really applicable to me. I have no exes coz I’m bare halal and ting. However, I think the answer is no. No. Stop thinking it. It’s not healthy. It’s not cool. It’s daft.
20. Have you ever lost someone close to you? Aye.
21. If you are in a bad mood, do you prefer to be left alone or have someone to cheer you up? Left alone really. But I admire those who have the… guts, to try and talk to me when I’m moody.
22. What’s an ideal weekend for you? Bed, food, films & conversation.
23. What do you think of best friends of the opposite sex? All my life I wanted a guy best friend. Like I remember asking my mother at 14 if I could have one (“no, Tam”) I get on much better with guys for sure. I’m close to all my guy cousins. That said, I don’t think it works. You eventually catch feelings because life. Yes, you do.
24. Do you judge a book by its cover? Always. It bugs me when a good book has a shitty cover. Read: every single Nicholas Sparks book.
25. Are you confrontational? God, no. The crap I have to endure to avoid confrontation is unreal. Pretend to like people and what not.
26. When was the last time you broke someone’s heart? I like to think I never but I might have at 16.
27. Would you relocate for love? No, can’t. I have things keeping me in this crappy town.
28. Did you ever write a journal? Aye. You’ve just reminded me I need to destroy my latest one because cringe.
29. What are you most thankful for? Everything. Alhamdulilah.
30. Do you believe in second chances? I mean yes. But I’m always cautious.
31. What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you? People think I am a negative and miserable sod who always has bad intentions and I honestly have no idea why. Sure I’m always frowning but… that’s just my face. And yes the glass is half empty but that’s just me being realistic, cushioning the blows of life. I don’t impose that on you.
32. What is your idea of a perfect vacation? I can’t think past India right now. Sorry, not sorry.
33. What did your past relationship teach you? That relationships are haram inneh. That “I will never leave,” are famous last words.
34. What are your thoughts on online dating or tinder? I mean. To each his own.
35. What’s on your bucket list this year? I don’t do those. I’m the see what happens kinnda gal. And nothing ever happens so maybe I should start a bucket list.
36. When have you felt your biggest adrenaline rush? I am the dullest person on the planet. I don’t even go on rides because I get dizzy. And not “Oh, I feel rather light headed,” no more like, “Oh shit, did Tam just hit the ground?” It’s happened, believe me. So to answer your question. When I stuck my head out of a moving too fast vehicle. Oh my God. I just read that. What a gripping life one does lead.
37. What is the one thing that someone can say to make it all ok? Doesn’t work when everyone does it obviously. But I basically live for people that say, “leave it with me Tam, I got your back.”
38. If a genie granted you 3 wishes right now, what would you wish for? To be taller, to have a semi decent relationship with my brother and to keep you around for as long as I can.
39. What’s your biggest regret in life? Not making it through Law school. Broke my mother’s heart.
40. What do you think about when you’re by yourself? What don’t I think about? Let’s see; food, why someone said what they said 14.5 hours ago and did they mean what I think I know they meant or is just what I think? Why is my mother not talking to me again? How am I broke? I got paid like 3 days ago and I miss Autumn.