-Aight folks, Ima keep it real wichoo. I’m currently on some kind of self destructive slide that’s heading to doomsville at full speed and I cannot locate the brakes. So if this post comes across as dark – my bad. But its the end of the year and I am full on burning out. If I mean anything to you at all, throw a duaa my way coz your girl is desperate.
-A lot of people I am coming across recently are asking to be twatted – I am in the mood for nobody right now. Does anyone ever feel like this? It’s the heaviest damn feeling, ugh.
-The glorious elections have ended and the
prejudiced gits aka Conservatives have won by an overwhelming majority which means that Britain now is a frightening place to live if you are any shade darker than beige. Pray for your fellow immigrant innit. There’s been many racial incidents of girls being attacked, hijabs being used to strangle their owners and all sorts of crap happening pre election results. I dread to think what’s in store for us now that the vote is out. I truly do.
-I don’t know about calling them resolutions per se; but I have a few desires for this new year, assuming I am still around to see it. Life’s short and who knows if I will make it to the other side?
• This is the year to not bother with people for me. I have bothered with people for far too long and it has drained me big time. Ergo, this is going to be the year of; if you want to be a part of my life; welcome aboard and if you don’t; sod off inneh. I ain’t chasing no mofos this year. I physically cannot cope with the bakwas anymore.
• I lowkey want to (at least try to) send minimal voice notes this year. If you have my number; you will know I am a voice note junkie. It’s borderline an addiction. Ironically, I hate the sound of my own voice. Fun fact; I sould like a man 👌🏽 if you know, you know.
*crowd cheers at prospect of less voice notes*
• Every year I say this and this year is no different; I will find the thing that will make my parents proud of me; job, husband, kids, money kuch bhi, I will find it, I will do it, I will be it inshallah. Because life’s too short not to try and make your parents happy. And no one is harder to figure out than a Desi / Arab parent so… it doesn’t help that I have no idea what will make them proud. Efforts are nevertheless still in progress to make them happy.
-My books is inshallah well on the way, the interior is being formatted as we speak. Well, actually it isn’t; I’m waiting for the girl from fiverr to get back to me but it’s night time in India now. Smh. It got edited tho and despite saying they will only edit grammar and spelling I was surprised to recieve the following from my editor;
– I truly cannot deal you guys. I know the book is good, ygm? That’s why I cannot give up on it. But hearing others say it is so, so nice and heart warming!!! I am counting on ya’ll to buy and review it when it does come out inshallah! Do me proud, gang. I will make it free at some point so ya’ll can get it for free. Don’t worry
cheapos desi’s; I got your back 👊🏽 I want reviews more than the buys inneh.
– Funfact, I too sometimes see it as a movie too. Netflix are you listening? I wanna cast chaiwala for the role of the hero. Jk, jk, jk 🤣✌🏽
– Speaking of chai. I want French Toast… random? My bad. I do though… mmm French Toast…