Ok, so I don’t actually have one.
Bucket lists are like love for me. I’m down with the concept, I like the idea but I am not sure I have it in me to make it work.
I particularly like the idea of making a bucket list for no, shall we say, pressing reason. Especially that bucket lists are a concept that has recently become associated with people who are dying thanks to the media and the film industry. Not that there’s anything wrong with anyone making them.
But as I said, I like the idea that people have goals to achieve before they turn… say 30.
Okay I don’t actually like that particular deadline having now reached it and accomplished naff all. It’s not even that a big number ya’ll why you glorifying it like its some big ass milestone? Tsk.
On that bitter note…
I have checked out a few bucket list examples and they really make no sense to me. Whilst one may argue that these things are individualistic and hold different meanings to each person, I can’t help but notice a pattern; scuba diving, bungee jumping, skinny dipping, swimming with sharks, marathons etc.
I hate regular sports / activities never mind these fear factor type ones so they’re big no no’s for me.
Then there’s crazy ass stuff like get arrested and go gambling. Why? For the thrill of it apparently. Go figure.
There’s also semi normal stuff like road trips which would be fun actually. I would put it on mine but I don’t have anyone to go with (moment of silence for that please), also I don’t think I have ever driven longer than 20mins per journey.
I dunno, I guess learn a language would be on there and I have kind of taught myself 1 (Hindi) and a
half quarter (Turkish) so that’s one I could check off.
In fact seeing as I am 30 Ima go ahead and make a list of stuff I have already done #perksofbeingancient and to make it fair I will some stuff on there that I would like to complete before
dying snuffin’ it.
And these will be regular tbh, maybe even boring which I have been recently informed that I am. Me, boring. Who knew…
Here goes nothing;
- Learn a language ✔
- Buy a house ✔
- Travel to 5 or more countries ✔
- Pay for a stranger’s meal ✔
- Volunteer at a charity ✔
- Help a victim of crime ✔
- Become good with money for the love of God
- Cook something edible at some point in life – okay soon
- Go on a road trip with people that drive well (I will pay for petrol relax!)
- India. India. India.
- Publish my bloody book
Actually startFinish writing the 2nd book
- Take a photo that gets talked about a lot… for good reasons, not coz I used the wrong setting on the camera to take it.
- Change someone’s life for the better
- Find my calling because I am not sure that teaching is it…
- Become more spiritual (but not too Holy Guacamole)
- Honestly this one’s impossible but make my parents proud somehow
- If I ever get married, convince my husband that sleeping with a fan in all types of weather is actually good for his health so that I don’t have to break a 30 year habit.
- Go back to Yemen one more time
- Not take any shit from anyone anymore
- Retire early
As you can see, no Marathons for me. I get outta breath climbing the stairs. Maybe I will add to this list as time goes on. But anyway…
What’s one thing on your bucket list?
…she asks knowing the first 5 people to view this post will “like” it without even reading it…