To increase accountability and what not.
So around six months ago I posted my new year’s resolutions (think I have deleted post since then as is the case with 90% of my content). I thought I would check if I kept them all because what else is there to do on a Sunday.
1. Finish a lip balm – I appreciate why you may think this is an odd one ya’ll but I buy lip balm, use it for a week then let it expire. However, I am happy to say I have, by some miracle, achieved this one.
2. Stop giving people the time of day. This essentially means if someone is being a prick. Tell them. Don’t sugar coat it to spare their feelings. Here’s a practice run: “you’re a prick, stop being one.” Oh, that felt beautiful – why am I hilarious when I am angry please? I mean. This one is a work in progress. I am not good at telling them. But silent treatment is gold dust. Use it.
3. Somehow improve my immune system – Alhamdulilah! No colds for quite some time. Tonsillitis in October but that’s it.
4. Finish cups of tea – stares at non finished cuppa next to her.
5. Remember less people’s birthdays because you are too give happy – actually I skipped a couple of people’s bdays this year, thank you Ramadan…
6. Be better with money, *remembers bank balance, closes eyes in horror* – ok so maybe I need an accountant because this one isn’t even a work in progress it’s just bad. Though rumour has it they are bad with numbers so….
7. Don’t impress or take shit from anyone. Least of all employers – actually my boss was making some jokes at my expense the other day infront of a crowd, because pick on the little guy haha. They did it again the next day. On the 3rd day I actually said, “wow that joke really has no expiration date does it?” I mean I shat myself after I said it but man. Felt good.
8. Really get into minimalism – success, success, success. Alhamdulilah. Major room for improvement though. I have discovered I can live without a toaster, blender, microwave, hair dryer, straightner and so much more. It’s liberating.
9. Get into the recycling hype – yeah I’m on it. Forget sometimes though ugh.
10. Not to get attached to humans. Only things. And cats – Yeah no, flop. Flop, flop, flop.
So this year’s not bad then. Well done me, eh?