So I got nominated for this award by The Rock in the River – how about that for an awesome blog name. Thank yaaaa. It has been a while actually since anyone’s nominated me, maybe because everyone’s tired of me not responding, not following the rules and not nominating anyone… in my defence Thari already nominated FIVE of the people I was thinking of so… let us not overwhelm the masses.
Anyway, I’m having a majorly painful morning. So perhaps this is just the distraction I need. The questions I was given were as follows;
1. What was your first thought today? – This pain. I can’t. Where my ibuprofen at?
2. What do you eat when you’re upset? – Carbs predominantly. It’s not even sweets anymore. Savoury carbs.
3. How do you react to a situation you dont like? – I cry. I sit in my car for ages just thinking until I drive myself insane. If I’m in a good place spiritually I’ll pray the pain away. Basically, the last thing I’ll do is go to someone and tell them. Very, very rarely will I lean on someone’s shoulder and if I do, it means that I’ve reached breaking point and that was my last cry for help.
4. Who is the one person you can talk to about anything? – A stranger. Though this changes a lot to be honest and depends on who is in my life at that moment in time. Not many people in my life are permanent.
5. Would you class yourself as a positive or a negative person? – Listen yeah. I’m a realist. And if that makes me negative then it is what it is and that.
6. Would you be hypocritically nice or savagely mean to a person you do not like but have to see everyday? If the person in question was unbearable? – Hmm, I see avoiding them is not an option. Hypocritically nice I guess, I’m too polite for my own good. If someone stabbed me in the back I’d probably apologise for bleeding all over their floor. Ugh.
7. What do you like about trees? – Not much. I honestly think I’m allergic to greenery. I broke out into a rash a few times when I spent sometime near trees and grass and what not. I tend to avoid trees if I can. Cherryblossom trees are nice to look at though.
8. What do you think about the colour blood red? – Makes for a nice hijab.
9. What is your favourite kind of tea? – Desi Chai which Baba is making me as we speak bless him. I like green tea too.
10. Would you rather be a scientist or the heir of a mysterious millionaire? – The latter if it means I get those millions. Besides, I hate science.
11. Who would you be if you could be anyone? Not an existing person, but someone you would want to be? – Someone financially secure who can buy their family a house, make sure they are taken care off before disappearing into thin air… to travel the world with her camera and a notebook. Alternatively, someone who writes and takes photos for a living.