It’s very grumpy of me I suppose and if you are an overly positive human you will hate this post so I suggest that you don’t read it…take it with a pinch of salt if you do.
1. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened” – If you say this to people, don’t. It’s patronising as hell. Of course I will cry because it’s over. I probably invested time in whatever it was and it was all for NOTHING. How can that thought possibly make me smile?
2. “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade” – Yeah, no, when life gives you lemons, throw them at people because that’s more productive and possibly even more theraputic.
3. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain” – What a load of tosh. If we’re being honest, the first thing anyone ever does when it rains is hide. Unless you’re British, you complain then hide. Also, waiting for the storm to pass teaches you patience during harsdship, surely a better lesson than getting soaked and sick?
4. “Shoot for the moon because even when you miss you will land among the stars” – I mean this is basically like me saying cross the road in heavy traffic because even if you get hit by a car, you will get time off work.
5. “Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life” – You kindda will because Monday.
What quotes do your nut in people of the internet? Do tell.