-hit me like a ton of bricks.
1. When I started paying for my own medical needs. Or rather when I stopped paying for medical needs coz I am broke af. Also; get all the dental work you need before you turn 16 kids.
2. When I recieved my 1st bill. It was exciting. Finally, I was an adult with their shit together. Negative. The novelty soon wore off.
3. When I applied for a higher position at work, didn’t get it but was then asked to rate the other candidate who applied for the same post so that they still had a chance of getting it.
4. When I started to loathe owning a bank card and MISS the £5 pockey money I used to get from the folks. Being responsible blows.
5. When I realised that kissing ass is unfortunately sometimes the only way to get a little bit further in life. I swear a small part of me died inside.
When do you get reminded / realise that you are an adult?