My blog is 98% anonymous, so theoretically I could write about whatever the hell I want but I still err on the side of caution because I value my sanity. Here’s 5 things I would write about if I cared less about potential consequences.
- Family & Friends- I have tons to say on this topic; good, bad & ugly. It’s not worth risking relationships over though. I have known my compliments to be recieved as insults many-a-time before and it really isn’t worth the grief.
- The Employment World- There is such a lot to say on this topic. Human behavior in the work place is fascinating. But again, not worth the potential grief.
- Religion– let’s just say I don’t feel like being arrested by the haram police anymore. Those guys are the worst.
- Mental Health- I don’t know about you, but the pressure to constantly produce light hearted and humorous material is very much present for me. I feel like people would get put off reading ‘morbid’ things like depression etc.
- Inspirational Posts- I would LOVE to be able to write something that changes / affects / moves someone’s life / decision / emotion to the better. So many posts have induced change in me and I want to have that kind of influence on someone. I think this stems from having the label ‘negative person’ attached to me my entire life. I don’t think I have it in me yet… maybe one day!
I hope one day to overcome the fear and brave writing about at least one of these subjects. For now though, what is one topic you want to write about but can’t bring yourself to, for whatever reason?