-pretty darn awesome.
I don’t know what your thoughts are on the matter peeps. But, I for one think that if you haven’t tried going to the cinema alone so far in life, there is no time like the present. I have a cousin that reckons it is social suicide 😂 but I do not agree. So, on that note, here are my top 5 reasons why going film watching alone is cool.
- You don’t have to put up with; the whisperer, the constant commentator, the predicter, the party pooper, the disbeliever & the refuse to turn their phone off companion. I happen to know a person who embodies all these qualities and honestly- I am not sure how we don’t get thrown out of theatres more often.
- Not caring what people whisper about when they see you alone is pretty empowering. Not gonna lie, first time it was embarassing and I was paranoid. Gradually,not only do you not care, you are pleasently surprised at how many people also go alone.
- It is cheaper to go alone, and no one to share your snacks with. Also, that last 5% of paranoia in you makes you choose the early shows and they are hands down my favourite. Nothing like a mostly empty theatre.
- The whole experience can actually feel pretty peaceful. Like that feeling you get post a massage.
- When people cancel plans on you or even don’t feel like watching the same thing you wanna see, you don’t have to miss out, coz you can still go on your own. In fact that is how I started go alone and the rest as they say is history 😅
As usual I shall end with a question, that no one ever seems to answer 😑 but here goes; have you ever been to the movies alone? What are your thoughts on the matter?