-that are made about you if you;
- Are an Asian / Arab girl who was born in your homeland but eventually moved to the west.
- Are an Asian / Arab girl who was born and raised in the west.
- The friggin’aunties man!
- Distant family members.
- Pretty much everyone back home.
- That you don’t speak your mother tongue…
- That you can’t cook (ok, so this one is true in my case but I am protesting on behalf all my chiqas that CAN in fact cook!)
- That you prefer jeans over traditional attire.
- That you eat all your meals with a knife and fork now and are too “good to sit” on the floor and eat with them.
- That your accent sounds ‘too posh’, one of my cousins actually dubs me ‘the radio!’
I am sure there are many more. I think eating on news paper on the floor is a lost art you know, sure your legs hate you for it after 30 minutes but man is it fun!