Young people are you taking notes? Sharpen that pencil and listen up…
- First crushes are cute but it is called a crush for a reason- the humiliation of the ordeal basically has the potential of crushing your tiny little world into tiny little pieces if they don’t feel the same way. And somehow the little buggers never do feel the same way*
- The ‘love’ you feel is NOT real and what sucks is that the songs and the movies and the quotes make you feel like this ish is realer than the realest thing to ever happen to you so you get confused.
- High expectations placed on little shoulders are bound to lead to big disappointments.
- The UTTER fear that they will find out is literally not worth harbouring those empty emotions for the person that hardly notices your existence.
- The little cows, who call themselves your friends, that you confide in about your crush either a) go and tell him or b) tell EVERYONE who then in turn go and tell him #WhereTheLoyalty@doe
It is not worth the palputations young’uns- stick your nose back in that book, it will take you places no crush ever will 😜😎😜 You got plenty of time- heartache will still patiently be waiting for you at the stop of your 20s!
*he was a neighbour, we were 10, pretty sure he wasn’t a fan. Facebook, the bearer of all good news, informs me he is now engaged.
In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “First Crush.”