‘There are perks to NOT wearing make up?’ I hear you exclaim. Sure thing, get your head outta the paint bucket and let me walk you through them 😉
- Those extra few minutes you can sleep in the morning coz you don’t have to get up and cake your face.
- No one asks you if you are ill on the ONE day you turn up to work with no make up. I have seen it happen to so many girls!
- Saving money on all those products. Like yeesh!
- Your skin breathes better I am told by people who actually use make up frequently. Means nothing to me, I didn’t even know my skin could breathe but I will take it!
- Gaining a little confidence in your self because in a world where looking like the rainbow is encouraged it takes a lot of nonchalance to bare your face !
Disclaimer; I have nothing against make up (ok the hype around it irritates me slightly) and I certainly do not judge anyone who wears it etc in fact I am jealous of your skill. You know what’s funny though? I have been getting a little judgement for NOT wearing it lately.
This is interesting because make up has become heavily synonymous with beauty now when I don’t think there is a strong correlation between the two. My mum worked in a male domintated environment and therefore decided she was more comfortable not wearing make up. As a result, I did not grow up watching her do make up and I didn’t have a sister to copy so I literally had no experience of make up nor did I know what it was about. Until today, make up talk bores me silly!
My “make up bag” does not go beyond moisturiser, eye pencil and Carmex. About the latter, my cousin (the make up enthusiast) says; just save yourself the £4 and use olive oil! This cracks me up everytime!