So I gather there is a ‘Harry Potter’ tag floating around that no one has nominated me for- thanks guys! *insert rolling of the eyes smiley* Naturally, I am not one to miss out on 1) some Harry Potter fun and 2) a Q & A session. I know ya’ll love to read what I have to say on absolute randomness. On that note EXPECTO … some good answers coz I’m witty inneh.
1. What is your favourite book?
That is a cruel question because I love different things about all of them. I guess Chamber of Secrets is my favourite which is ironic because it is the one that people seem to dislike the most. I think it was the whole diary element to the book that attracted me as I am a big fan of epistolary writing.
2. What is your favourite film?
I should start by saying I hated how much the films omitted. I know time was an issue but they should have got a time-turner or something. See what I did there? I thought Prisoner of Azkaban was very well made, it just seemed like a movie whatever that means. But I think it is Goblet of Fire that I have watched the most.
3. What is your least favourite book?
If I absolutely had to chose one; Prisoner of Azkaban I think.
4. What is your least favourite film?
Order of the Phoenix could have been done better. Snape’s memories were not given justice.
5. What parts of the books/films made you cry?
Sape’s memories – I still sob whenever I see that scene. It is crazy emotional.
6. If you could hook up with any character, who would it be?
Snape. I don’t even care if that grosses you out. I love him. But if you want a more normal answer then I dunno Ron maybe, I love a funny guy.
7. Who is your favourite character?
At the risk of sounding repetitive; Snape, since Philosopher’s Stone actually, before I even knew the Lily storyline. I have always loved the underdog.
8. Who is your least favourite character?
Cho Chang I think and at the risk of getting myself killed by the fans; I was never really keen on Dumbledore.
9. What is your favourite line?
“Always…” – Snape
10. What would your patronus be?
I mean I want to say something really cool like an owl but realistically speaking it would probably be an elephant or a donkey.
11. If you could have the Resurrection Stone, the Invisibility Cloak or the Elder Wand, which would you choose?
Probably the Stone just so I can see the loved ones I lost once more. Though I don’t think that is wise.
12. Which house would you be in?
Ravenclaw or Slytherin. I have a dark side.
13. If you could meet any member of the cast, who would it be?
The trio and Alan Rickman, naturally.
14. If you were on the Quidditch team, which position would you play?
NONE, I would be cheering in the stands. I don’t do muggle sports, let alone magical ones.
15. Were you happy with the ending?
I like a happy ending yes. But I wanted more detail. It all seemed too rush rush.
16. How much does Harry Potter mean to you?
A lot to be honest. These books were my first ‘reading in English’ experience as my mother tongue is actually Arabic. The books came into my life shortly after I moved to another country; a MASSIVE transition that left me feeling lonely and depressed so they were like my companions. They were the first series I ever indulged in. I am lucky as I started reading post Goblet of Fire so I only had to wait for 5, 6 & 7 – still frustrating though. Overall, despite disliking books with ‘made up’ themes like magic, nothing I read has lived up to this series… yet