Hmm, sleep. Ironically, sleep is exactly what I should be doing now given I have work bright and early tomorrow.
So, I figure we keep this short and sweet. Maybe a “10 sleepy facts about me” type thing. Here we go;
1. I am an insomniac who loves sleep.
2. My sleeping patterns were normal until I got to college and university where there was less of a school routine and more of an independant study thing going on. This was also around the same time I got a laptop and discovered the internet. Needless to say, my sleeping became very erattic where for a very long time I would stay up all night and sleep all day.
3. I remember I stayed up for 48 hours in a row once as I was revising for an exam. I didn’t sleep the night before it and I literally just went to my 3 hour exam completely sleep deprived, did my thing and got out. I was like a zombie.I got a taxi home afterwards, went directly to bed and slept for 18 hours straight.
4. The best kind of sleep for me is the one you know you shouldn’t be having. I went on vacation once and my friend and I used to go to our hotel dining area in the morning, have breakfast, go back to sleep and then get up and do sight seeing. Best sleep EVER!
5. Given what time I finish work I couldn’t possibly do naps but I wish I could. I come from a country where naps are the absolute law.
6. I cannot sleep unless it is absolutely pitch black in the room. It has to be completely silent except for the sound of my fan… which brings me onto;
7. No matter what season we are in, I have to sleep with a fan on. I need it for both sound AND breeze. I seldom get cold.
8. I sometimes have amazing dreams that I desperately try and go back to sleep so I can finish.
9. Now that I work full time, my sleeping pattern is not as erratic as it was before. But! I still struggle to fall asleep easily.
10. I think I talk in my sleep…
In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “To Sleep, Perchance to Dream.”